Run for a Reason
Fort McMurray Marathon is excited to announce Run for a Reason – a new charity fundraising program!
Early Bird registration is open for Run for a Reason until May 31 – the new fundraising program for the Fort McMurray Marathon happening on September 25!
HOW IT WORKS – RUNNERS
When you register to run, you will have two ways to participate:
- Make a one time donation to a participating partner organization of your choice!
- Choose a participating partner organization & collect pledges:
- Browse the list of Fundraising Partners, and choose an organization that you would like to support
- As you train for race day, collect pledges & donations in support of your chosen organization!
- Share your progress via your personal pledge page
HOW IT WORKS – DONORS
Not a runner, but still want to participate? Community members can contribute by donating to Run for a Reason! Donations can be made in two ways:
- Donate to an individual runner’s pledge page
- Donate to to a participating partner organization of your choice
This year we run for more than just medals – this year we Run for a Reason and Arts Council Wood Buffalo can be yours.