Keyano College is seeking applications from local artists and performers to demonstrate or perform their craft during Alberta Culture Days in a “pop up” environment on the Keyano College Front Lawn.
Taking place over four days, six scheduled live showcases are planned for performances and demonstrations.
The live showcases are part of a self-guided art walk at the College and will be taking place at the following times:
- Thursday, September 24 5-7 p.m.
- Friday, September 25 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 26 11-1 p.m. and 2-4 p.m.
- Sunday, Septembert 27 th 11- 1 p.m. and 2-4 p.m.
Each applicant must be self-contained with their own technical equipment, however Keyano will supply a table, 2 chairs and 1 @ 15 amp 120volt power supply.
An honorarium will be paid to the successful applicants per showcase.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants should submit in one email the following information:
- A description of your activity and space required.
- An artist biography of no more than 250 words
- A written statement of your path to becoming an artist and what makes your craft so meaningful to you (up to 500 words)
Artists will be selected on a first come basis pending the activity t is conducive to the performance area.
Deadline to submit is September 17 at 11:00 p.m. The selected artists will be notified by the end of day on September 18.
Please send submissions to [email protected]