RMWB: Games Legacy Grant
As a result of hosting the 1985 Alberta Summer Games, 1992 Alberta Winter Games, 2003 Alberta Senior Games and 2004 Arctic Winter Games, a Games Legacy grant was created with surplus monies from these events.
To support athletes, performers, artists, teams, coaches or instructors in Wood Buffalo to:
- develop their skills through training, programs or activities in amateur sport, arts and/or culture
- participate in provincial, national or international level competitions, including the North American Indigenous Games
- to promote and develop future local talent within the community
- support residents to achieve their maximum potential
During the Call for Applications, Community Investment Program (CIP) staff are available to answer any questions.
A pre-application meeting is encouraged for new applicants or any applicant looking for more information. During a pre-application meeting, CIP staff will review eligibility, how the grant process works, accessing and completing applications in the Online Grant Portal, and other key information.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, you may send a request to Pulse. In your request, please provide:
- applicant name
- grant stream(s) you are interested in applying to
- a brief description of what you plan to apply for
- your availability for a virtual meeting
- Athletes, performers, artists, coaches or instructors may be granted a maximum of $1,500
- Teams, nonprofit organizations, or groups may be granted a maximum of $3,000
September 7, 2022: Call for Applications Closes – deadline to submit your application is 4:30 p.m. MST.