Open Call to ALL Local Artists – Wood Buffalo Volunteer Rewards 2022
Wood Buffalo Volunteer Rewards (previously known as Timeraiser) is an innovative volunteer rewards system that celebrates the incredible acts of kindness volunteers give to our community. The program works by allowing local volunteers the opportunity to exchange their time spent volunteering for rewards such as local art, goods, experiences, and services. The program features a variety of rewards to ensure that there is something for everyone and makes a conscious effort to purchase rewards that will elevate our region’s rich culture, talent, and small businesses. Anyone that volunteers at a local social profit or community-based organization can participate! It is our goal through this program to thank volunteers for their contributions and strengthen the social profit sector; all while supporting local artists and small businesses.
FuseSocial is thrilled to announce that the 2022 Call for Artists is now open. Our call will be open to all forms of art (music, theatre, culinary, etc.). The call is furthermore extended to be inclusive of experiences that do not expire (theatre tickets, photography session, lessons, etc.). Please see the full artist call HERE!
Submission Guidelines & Criteria:
There is no fee associated with applying to this call & successful submissions will be compensated at fair market value up to $1500.00
The call will close on July 14, 2022, at 4:30 PM.
All submissions must be received electronically in ONE email and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email must include the following:
- Completed submission form (including artist statements, bio, and waiver)
- 2-3 high-resolution pictures of your submission(s) on a solid color background
- For submissions that are not 2D/3D please include full details on your proposal (Ex: Photography Session – 30-minute session with 5 edited digital images)
Submission Requirements for Wood Buffalo Volunteer Rewards
Please read carefully
- Applicants must be residents of Wood Buffalo
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and older
- Maximum three (3) pieces entered per artist may be submitted for consideration
- All pieces must be recent; created within the last 2 years (2020+)
- Works must be made independently, without guidance or instruction (Artworks made during a workshop or class are not eligible)
- All pieces must be original; no copies or prints permitted
- The artwork provided is the original artwork and is the sole intellectual property of the artist, with no copyright infringements. Please refer to the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website link for clarification on copyright: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr00003.html
Questions regarding what constitutes original artwork? Please contact Liana Wheeldon at email@example.com for further support.
- All artworks must be ready to hang (wire setting 1/3 from the top of the artwork, no saw tooth hangers)
- All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas must have finished painted edges, no staples showing and artwork on various papers must be in a frame with glass front)
- Artist sets the price of their submission and price must include framing and any/all expenses required to deliver the submission. It should also include any taxes (up to a maximum of $1,500)
- Any type of experience (tickets, lessons, culinary, etc.) submitted must not have an expiration date
- Develop two (2) Artist Labels that identify your piece
- Include artist/artwork information: Your name as you would like it to appear, the title of your work, the medium (example: Oil on Canvas, Mixed Media, Photography, etc.) and the dimensions (in inches). Affix one (1) label to the back of your artwork and bring one (1) additional label with you when you drop off your artwork
- Include detailed information about what is included in your submission. For example, for a culinary arts submission – receive dinner prepared on site and at a location of your choosing for a maximum of 20 guests. Please be as detailed as possible
- Art will be selected by a non-exhibiting jury consisting of representatives from FuseSocial, Arts Council Wood Buffalo, and member(s) of the Wood Buffalo community. There is no guarantee that all submitted artwork will be chosen
- Selected artists will be notified via email by July 31, 2022
- Successful entries are to be dropped off to FuseSocial at 20 Riedel Street (dates to be announced)
- Artists are responsible for making the arrangements to drop-off their artwork at the designated time and space
- Successful submissions will be displayed on www.wbvolunteerrewards.ca
Thank you for your submission!