Call for Visual Artist – 2023 ACWB Merchandise Artwork
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is looking for local 2D or 3D visual artists, illustrators, photographers, graphic designers, printmakers or painters to submit existing or new artwork for their 2023 ACWB branded tote bags.
The image to be used as the exterior design for a limited print run of ACWB branded tote bags, which will be sold as merchandise in support of ACWB. The image will also be used in promotion on ACWB’s various online platforms.
ACWB welcomes submissions from both established and emerging artists.
ACWB will not be purchasing the physical artwork, only the digital image. The artwork will be used in merchandise design, and under the discretion of ACWB’s designer, creating the final merchandise design, which may be cropped or have information and design elements placed on top. We will request non-exclusive rights to the work and will accept existing and new artwork; however, it should not have appeared on any other branded merchandise for an organization within the Wood Buffalo community in the six months prior to submission.
Submitted digital files of photography, digital artwork or representations of any 2D or 3D artwork must be in the form of digital files, prepared and ready for print with the following requirements:
- Digital artwork files must be uploaded in a jpg or png file format.
- File size should be minimum 300dpi. The image may be cropped to fit printable surface area of approximately 8”x8”. Please ensure the digital file is cropped to show only your submitted image and no background elements (frame, etc.).
- All artworks and elements within the artwork must be the sole intellectual property of the artist. If the artwork is digital media medium, design elements must have been purchased with the proper license to be used for both print and digital purposes, listed in the project description.
Maximum of 3 artwork submissions per artist.
Please submit the following items in one email to email@example.com.
- Subject Line: Merchandise Design Submission
Some of the information provided below will be used to give credit to the successful artist in the promotions. Please make sure this information provided is correct, with proper grammar and punctuation.
Please refer to this checklist to ensure all submission elements are submitted for consideration:
- Artist Statement (100 words maximum)
- Artist Bio (100 words maximum)
- Image list from A – C, title of artwork, medium used. Example A) Title, Medium, B) Title, Medium, C) Title, Medium.
- Print ready digital file, minimum 1MB and/or 300dpi resolution. Files should be named as follows: first name_last name.a.jpeg, first name_last name.b.jpeg, etc. ACWB will accept large files from a downloadable source such as dropbox.com and FTP service.
Submissions must be received by 11:59pm on September 11th, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered for selection.
Artwork will be selected by Arts Council Wood Buffalo. The selection is final and the successful artist will be notified by September 15th, 2023.
Please note that only the successful artist will be notified. Artists submitting their artwork keep full copyright of their images. Submissions that are not chosen will not be used in any way by ACWB or third party organizations, unless requested by ACWB in advance and approved by the artist.
The successful artist will be paid a one time, all-inclusive licensing fee of $200.00, inclusive of GST.