Call for Supervisors: Theatre Alberta Artstrek 2023 Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 13, 2022
Are you an Artstrek alumni who is a highly motivated, fun-loving, and creative team player with a penchant for safety (and shenanigans)? If you have the drive to nurture emerging Albertan artists, Theatre Alberta is looking for YOU!
Artstrek Supervisors (Supers) are the backbone of curating the Artstrek student experience. They are responsible for creating extracurricular programming to engage students socially and artistically outside of class time, as well as ensuring that all students’ needs are met around the clock.
Artstrek Supervisors are:
- alumni of Artstrek
- excellent, clear, and level-headed communicators
- indispensable teammates who are ready to jump into action at a moment’s notice
- energetic and strong leaders with remarkable work ethic
- well-accustomed to working with youth
- between the ages of 20 and 28
- super duper fun with an enormous sense of humor!
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Artstrek Supers are contracted to be at Red Deer Polytechnic from Monday, July 10, through Saturday, July 29, 2023, to facilitate student experience and safety for Explorations I and II.
- Supervisors are provided shared accommodation on campus and daily meals for the duration of the contract.
- Supervisors arrive one week prior to the commencement of the program (July 10 – July 14) and work together to develop procedures that ensure our students remain safe, engaged, and happy.
- Supervisors are led by Artstrek Administrative Director Sue Goberdhan, and a team of Senior Supervisors (Super-Supers), who are there to ensure the entire team is prepared and bolstered for three weeks of hard work and fun times curating the Artstrek student experience.
- Artstrek 2023 is divided into two separate weeks of instruction (Explorations) for different age groups.
- Theatre Exploration I (July 16 – 21, 2023): This six-day program is for enthusiastic theatre lovers who are 13 to 15 years old.
- Theatre Exploration II (July 23 – 29, 2023): This seven-day program is for 16 to 18 year olds with a keen interest in theatre and a dedication to increasing their knowledge and skill level.
- Anticipated honorarium of $3,000, pending confirmation of funding.
APPLICATION PACKAGES SHOULD INCLUDE:
- a resume that outlines your theatre/arts, education, and employment experience
- any recent photograph (to help us remember you!)
- a cover letter that
- lets us know which year(s) you attended Artstrek
- outlines your qualifications
- speaks to what would make you an asset to the Super team
- speaks to your experience working with teens
- if a video or audio recording is more accessible for you than a written letter, these will also be considered (no more than five minutes in length, please)
- to exercise the video or audio recording options, please reach out to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org for upload options as part of your application
Theatre Alberta is committed to inclusive hiring. We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as members of under-represented communities. Artstrek is a safe space that welcomes and fosters inclusivity, both in our staff and our students.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those applicants shortlisted for the interview process will be contacted. Interviews will take place on January 5 and 6, 2023. Please note that successful applicants will be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sectors Search.
If you are interested in being considered as a Supervisor for Artstrek 2023, please send your application package in PDF format to Theatre Alberta Program Coordinator Andrew Ritchie at email@example.com. You can contact Andrew with any questions as well.