Call for Indigenous Artists: Hodgson Trophy Pin Bag
The Wood Buffalo 2023 Arctic Winter Games Host Society in collaboration with the Arctic Winter Games International Committee (AWGIC) is inviting Indigenous artists to participate in a design competition to create a pin bag as part of the Hodgson Trophy award.
The Hodgson Trophy will be awarded by the AWGIC at the closing ceremonies on February 4, 2023, to the contingent whose participants best exemplify the ideals of fair play and team spirit. The winning team receives the pin bag and a distinctive pin in recognition of their accomplishments.
PIN BAG DESIGN CONTEST
Artists are encouraged to produce a design centered around the theme of team spirit and togetherness. Designs will be judged on the creativity of the theme, functionality and the proposal of the materials incorporated into the final bag design.
Other parameters include:
- Designs could be done in a variety of media, such as drawing, painting, collage, digital, mixed media, etc.
- Participants must be local Indigenous artists (currently living in the Wood Buffalo region)
- Participants are limited to one entry design
- Participants must guarantee that the design submitted in the application is original and does not violate the copyright of any other person
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
The selection panel will choose one artist who will receive a $1,000 honorarium for their design. Only the selected winner must then physically create the bag, which they will receive fair market value for. Click the “call for artist rules” button for all the information.
The deadline to send in a submission is November 15, 2022.