Call for Artists – 2023 Annual Report Cover Artwork
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is looking for local 2D or 3D artists, including but not limited to illustrators, photographers, graphic designers, printmakers or painters to submit artwork for their 2023 Annual Report cover. The image will reflect the theme: Catalyst
The image to be used on the cover of the Annual Report will be distributed during our AGM and other events. It will also be available to ALL members, stakeholders and general community members. The image will also be used to promote the Annual Report on ACWB’s various online platforms.
About the Theme
The theme for ACWB’s 2023 Annual Report is catalyst. This theme encapsulates ACWB’s role in sparking positive transformations within the community. Through programs, events, and collaborations, ACWB stives to be a catalyst for creativity, fostering a creative Wood Buffalo where artistic expression thrives.
As ACWB advances development of Arts INC, we are confident that this campus will be a catalyst for downtown revitalization, spurring economic development and contributing to a dynamic and vibrant Wood Buffalo.
Catalyst can be defined as
- a substance that increases the rate of a chemical reaction without itself undergoing any permanent chemical change.
- a person or thing that precipitates an event
What does catalyst mean to you? We want to know.
ACWB welcomes submissions from both established and emerging artists.
ACWB will not be purchasing the physical artwork, only the digital image. The artwork will be used as a background image, and under the discretion of ACWB’s designer, creating the final Annual Report graphic design, which may be cropped or have information and design elements placed on top. We will request non-exclusive rights to the work and will accept existing and new artwork; however, it should not have appeared in any other way in the Wood Buffalo community in the six months prior to submission.
Submitted digital files of photography, digital artwork or representations of any 2D or 3D artwork must be in the form of digital files, prepared and ready for print with the following requirements:
- Digital artwork files must be uploaded in a jpg or png file format.
- File size is no smaller than 8.5″ x 11″ and should be a minimum 300dpi. The image may be cropped to fit printable surface area. Please ensure the digital file is cropped to show only your submitted image and no background elements (frame, etc.).
- All artworks and elements within the artwork must be the sole intellectual property of the artist. If the artwork is digital media medium, design elements must have been purchased with the proper license to be used for both print and digital purposes, listed in the project description.
Maximum of 3 artwork submissions per artist.
Please submit the following items in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject Line: Annual Report Cover Submission
Some of the information provided below will be used to give credit to the successful artist in the Annual Report and in other promotions. Please make sure this information provided is correct, with proper grammar and punctuation.
Please refer to this checklist to ensure all submission elements are submitted for consideration:
- Artist Statement explaining the relevance of the image to the theme.
- Artist Bio (100 words maximum)
- Image list from A – C, title of artwork, medium used. Example A) Title, Medium, B) Title, Medium, C) Title, Medium.
- Print ready digital file, minimum 1MB and/or 300dpi resolution. Files should be named as follows: first name_last name.a.jpeg, first name_last name.b.jpeg, etc. ACWB will accept large files from a downloadable source such as dropbox.com and FTP service.
Submissions must be received by 12:00 PM (Noon) on Wednesday, February 14, 2024.
Artwork will be selected by Arts Council Wood Buffalo staff. The selection is final and the successful artist will be notified by Wednesday, February 21, 2024..
Please note that only the successful artist will be notified. Artists submitting their artwork keep full copyright of their images. Submissions that are not chosen will not be used in any way by ACWB or third party organizations, unless requested by ACWB in advance and approved by the artist.
The successful artist will be paid a one time, all-inclusive licensing fee of $200.00, inclusive of GST.