Arts Council Wood Buffalo: 2024 Artist in Residence Programs
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS
The Artist in Residence Program and Suncor Indigenous Artist Program follow the traditional residency model, in which non-local or local professional artists will spend 3 to 4 weeks creating art and engaging with the community through art. Opportunities include showcase events or performances and, most importantly, spending time mentoring a select group of emerging, established and professional artists from the same artistic discipline. Applicants who choose to identify as Indigenous on their applications will be considered for both the Suncor Indigenous Artist Program and the Artist in Residence Program. All applicants will be considered for the Artist in Residence Program. This year, both programs will run concurrently, from April 30th to May 17th 2024.
- Artist must reside in Canada
- Artist must be 21 years of age or older
- Artist must have at least 2 years of professional experience in their field.
- Must be willing to travel to the Wood Buffalo Region
- Must be available for all 3 weeks of the Residency
- Artists must identify as Indigenous to be considered for the Suncor Indigenous Artist Program
ABOUT THE CALL
- Arts Council is particularly interested in artists that will engage the community
- Arts Council is interested in artists who will mentor artists in this region
- The Artists in Residence will be required to instruct a minimum of two workshops
- The Artists in Residence may be required to do an engagement session(s) with artists and community members
- Artists will create new work that will be showcased at the end of the Residency
Arts Council Wood Buffalo welcomes any and all artforms. These artforms can include (but are not limited to): craft, dance, literary arts, media, music, performing arts, visual arts.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
All submissions must be submitted through our online Opportunities Portal. Create an account, login and then click on the purple “Start Entry” button. You may begin drafting your proposal by selecting “2024 Artist in Residence Programs” as your category. Shortlisted Artists will be invited to present their proposals to ACWB staff..
Accommodations and application support are available. If you require support or accommodations, contact Program Coordinator Byron Gard email@example.com or (587) 674-1625 x.101.
Submissions must be submitted by noon on January 15, 2024. Late submissions will not be considered.
Arts Council will compensate the Artists in Residence for their travel, time, materials, workshops, planning, etc. Fees will be decided once the Artists are selected.
The artists will be selected on the appropriateness of the program to teach to community members of the Wood Buffalo region, the uniqueness of the program, and the cost and quality of the proposed workshops. Priority will be given to artists who have a strong workshop plan, showing detailed concepts and a focus on working with the community and mentoring artists in the Wood Buffalo Region.
Please note that only the artist(s) who are successful will be notified.
Selections will be made by Arts Council Wood Buffalo staff. All selections made will be final. All successful artists will be notified by February 16th 2024
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or require application support, please contact Programs Coordinator Byron Gard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (587) 674-1625 x.101