Advanced Dance Instructor: Hip Hop – Part Time
Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Open to Junior Dance Instructors
Probationary Rate: $23.70 per hour
Job Rate: $24.76 per hour
This position requires a passionate, organized and talented dance instructor who is looking to join a large dance academy. This position plays a critical role in the organization and must display an exemplary level of customer service.
The Advanced Dance Instructor will be respectful of program participants, responsible for teaching, choreography, and training a dynamic and diverse group of students, while ensuring all students are engaged, motivated, and inspired.
Based on programing, specific genres skills will be required and will advertised to the specific skill set needed in: Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Musical Theatre, Tap, Acrobatic Arts.
- Teach various dance styles from beginner to advanced level.
- Develop dance curriculum and lesson plans.
- Advanced experience in choreography and instruction to all ages.
- Strong classroom management.
- Ability to mentor dance instructors and teacher’s assistant’s.
- Selection of costumes, music and choreography.
- Support with planning, organization and execution of the academy recitals, performances and events.
- Maintain a safe and organized studio space.
- Make recommendations to further develop programming.
- Collaborate and work harmoniously with others by following the Regional Recreation Corporation of
- Wood Buffalo and MacDonald Island Dance Academy policies and procedures.
- Promote services, programs and workshops.
- Ensure the safety of the students by enforcing facility rules and regulations.
- Participate in all scheduled training and professional development deemed necessary by the RRC.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative/collaborative working relationship with other departments
- and Rural Facilities within the RRC through positive actions and communication.
- Provide general administrative support.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Degree or Diploma in Post -Secondary Dance Program and/or
- Accredited Dance Teaching Certification (such as CSC-CICB, RAD, SRB, CDTA, ISTD, ADAPT, etc.)
- Ballet (Cecchetti training preferred).
- Jazz (ADAPT training preferred).
- Tap (ADAPT training preferred).
- Acrobatic Arts (Acrobatic Arts preferred).
- Lyrical and Contemporary (Ballet training required).
- Musical Theatre (Jazz training required).
- Hip Hop (training required).
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or equivalent (including CPR C).
- Experience in dance choreography.
- Experience in dance competitions is an asset.
- Experience working with children and classroom management.
- Experience working with students from recreational to advanced levels.
- Minimum of three (3) years of dance teaching experience, must demonstrate excellent technical abilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Thrive in a team environment, enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, dedication and professionalism.
- The candidate must be physically fit with excellent dance demonstration ability.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Required
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check
- This position requires a flexible schedule including statutory holidays, early morning, late night, and weekend work.
- This position may be exposed to loud noises and will require an individual to be able to concentrate in a busy environment.
- This position requires frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- This position involves working under variable temperature conditions, in indoor and outdoor settings.
All employees are responsible and accountable for Regional Recreation Corporation’s health and safety policy. All employees at every level should be familiar with the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their work processes.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an