Calling All Artists – 90 for $90 Fundraiser
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) invites local artists to create an original piece of artwork as a donation to support the production of the Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards, aka, the Buffys. ACWB will provide 8” square cradled birch panels for the artist to create on. The art can be any 2D or relief media that fits on the panel.
The completed art pieces will be displayed publicly, online, and at a Buffys-themed event occurring during the weekend of October 14-16, 2022. Artwork will be available for purchase at the live events as well as online, with all proceeds supporting the Buffys.
ACWB relies on fundraising to execute the Buffys. This celebration of the arts in our region is a popular event offering various networking and showcase opportunities to artists of all disciplines.
ACWB appreciates the support of local artists and the opportunity to celebrate the arts community through the annual Buffys presentation.
The Nitty Gritty
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
1. Claim your panel – Email us with your name, and address so we can arrange a pick-up location. (Some delivery options are available.) Email to: email@example.com
2. Pick-up your panel – Once you receive an email from us, pick-up your panel and get started!
3. Complete your panel – Once you have finished, contact us to drop off your panel. (Some pickup options are available.) Make sure you provide us with your preferred social media, website, and contact information so we can promote your artwork!
1. Does it have to be a painting? – No, use your creativity and use your panel how you wish. Take the opportunity to show us what you’ve got!
2. Is there a theme? – No, this is all about your choices as an artist.
3. Does it need to be wired? – Unless you have a very specific hanging method for your creation, you are not required to wire it.
4. When do you need the panels back? – Completed panels must be returned by August 25.
5. Can I create more than one panel? – Maximum panel pick up is two per artist. When those completed ones are returned, you may pick up more panels if there are still some available.
6. What’s in it for me? – Current Members will be given a 1-year extension on their membership and non-member artists will receive a complimentary 1-year membership. ACWB will be promoting the participating artists and artwork throughout the fundraiser.
6. Where will the sale take place? – Artwork will be available online through ACWB Marketplace and featured at a Buffys-themed event in October.
7. How will this support the Buffys? – Panels will be sold for $90 each with 100% of the profits benefitting ACWB’s annual Buffys!