Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is looking for local visual artists, illustrators, photographers, graphic designers, printmakers and painters to submit artwork for their 2018 Annual Report cover. The image will reflect the theme of “Momentum”.
2018 was a year of great “Momentum” in the Wood Buffalo arts community and for ACWB. The community has been a major driving force behind the arts in our community for many years and 2018 showcased that impact. With the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo marking arts as a major pillar in their strategic plan, naming ACWB as one of their strategic partners and striking a committee to undertake a 10 year culture master plan.
For ACWB, 2018 reflects a year of elevated growth in the arts with new arts initiatives, a relocation to the newly defined arts district, staff expansion and new possibilities for the arts in our region. 2018’s momentum sets a new bar for the arts, a pace ACWB plans to continue in 2019.
The Annual Report will have a print run of 50 copies and a digital copy that will be distributed during our AGM and will be available to all members, stakeholders and general community members. In addition, the Annual Report will be available online in a downloadable digital file. The image will also be used to promote the Annual Report on ACWB’s various online platforms.
ACWB welcomes submissions from both established and emerging artists.
ACWB will not be purchasing the physical artwork, only the digital image. The artwork will be used as a background image and, under the discretion of the designer creating the final Annual Report graphic design, may be cropped or have information and design elements placed on top. We will request non-exclusive rights to the work and will accept existing and new artwork, however it should not have appeared in any other way in the Wood Buffalo community in the six months prior to submission, or be used on a mass scale for up to six months after the annual report is released.
Submitted digital files of photography, digital artwork or representations of any 2D or 3D artwork must be in the form of digital files, prepared and ready for print with the following requirements:
- Digital artwork files must be uploaded in a jpg file format.
- File size is no smaller than 8.5″ x 11″ and should be minimum 300dpi. The image may be cropped to fit printable surface area. Please ensure the digital file is cropped to show only your submitted image and no background elements (frame, etc.).
- All artworks and elements within the artwork must be the sole intellectual property of the artist. If the artwork is digital media medium, design elements must have been purchased with the proper license to be used for both print and digital purposes, listed in the project description.
Artists can choose to submit artwork that will fit the a) Front Cover or b) Front & Back Cover Wrap. Please refer to the below image template.
Maximum of 3 artwork submissions per artist. Please submit the following items in one email to [email protected] using the subject line: Annual Report Cover Submission. Some of the information provided below will be used to give credit to the successful artist in the Annual Report and in other promotion. Please make sure this information provided is correct, with proper grammar and punctuation.
Please refer to this checklist to ensure all submission elements are submitted for consideration:
- Artist Statement explaining the relevance of the image to the theme.
- Artist Bio (100 words maximum)
- Image list from A – C, title of artwork, medium used. Example A)Title,Medium, B)Title,Medium, C)Title,Medium.
- Print ready digital file, minimum 1MB and/or 300dpi resolution. Files should be named as follows: first name_last name.a.jpeg, first name_last name.b.jpeg, etc. ACWB will accept large files from a downloadable source such as dropbox.com and FTP service.
Submissions must be received by end of the business day, Monday March 4, 2019.
Artwork will be selected by Arts Council Wood Buffalo. The selection is final and the successful artist will be notified by Wednesday March 6, 2019.
Please note that only the successful artist will be notified. Artist submitting their artwork keep full copyright of their images. Submissions that are not chosen will not be used in any way by ACWB or third party organizations, unless requested by ACWB in advance and approved by artist.
The successful artist will be paid a one time, all-inclusive fee of $200.00, inclusive of GST.
Communications & Engagement Manager