Creativity and artistic activities are effective strategies for making sense of chaos. Be proud of your artistic nature and use your strengths to help yourself stay healthy. After all, we need one another for support, so physical and mental wellbeing are our best assets.
Have a resource to contribute?
Send us an email at [email protected] to share your ideas for this list of resources for the Wood Buffalo arts community.
Note to ACWB Members
Don’t forget to access your membership benefits. The ACWB team is available for one-on-one consultation sessions, if you have questions or want some advice on how to maximize your time working from home. We also welcome your feedback and ideas, so we can continue developing useful and relevant programs for you.
Watch your email for ACWB e-newsletters. We are continuing to share regular updates with our active members through e-newsletters, so don’t miss out on contests, calls for artists, resources, and information that could be useful for you and your artistic practices.
Share your Creative Activities
ACWB members can share with us information about your creative home activities (i.e., performances, tutorials, new works, etc.), and we’ll share with our social media followers. Let us help promote your creativity, so people know you’re out there continuing to be artistic. Send an email to [email protected], tag us in your social media posts @artscouncilwb or use #ymmarts #ymmartstogether
See what other artists are sharing on social media:
- Instagram: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Facebook: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Twitter: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Many local artists and groups are sharing their talents online. We encourage you to do the same in your own creative way.
- Use the following hashtags to keep connected and raise awareness: #ymmartstogether #ymmarts
- Follow Arts Council Wood Buffalo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. We regularly share resources, event and program information, contests, and more. @artscouncilwb
Local Support for Art Entrepreneurs & Businesses:
- Discover Fort McMurray, in partnership with the Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce, is sharing an online community resource to show which businesses are open when, and what services they are offering. Add your artistic business to the list and promote your services or products: www.discoverfortmcmurray.com/ Download the Discover Fort McMurray app, available on Apple and Google Play.
- Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation For information and resources related to COVID-19 please visit their website at www.choosewoodbuffalo.ca/covid19
Provincial Resources and Networks
Federal Resources and Networks
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resource.
- Creative Mornings – Global community of creative individuals and companies.
- ilostmygig Canada – Share you story.
- National Theatre School Emerging Artists Art Apart Project – Watch the performances of artists across all theatre disciplines.
- The Canadian Network for Arts and Learning
Need to Talk with Someone?
Sometimes the best way to maintain our wellbeing is to talk with someone. Some local resources are listed below:
Creative Wellness & Resources – Amongst Covid 19
With so many unanswered questions and a lot of uncertainty in the world due to the COVID-19 situation, we encourage you to stay creative as a way to anchor yourself in wellness. Please take a look at the following information as some suggestions to help you maintain your wellness through creativity and the arts. Remember there are many resources out there for you to access, including local, provincial and federal supports and networks.