ACWB Annual General Meeting: June 24, 2021
Please join us at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, June 24, 2021, via Zoom webinar from 6:30 – 8 p.m. Save the date and bring some snacks as we highlight the successes of 2020 and look forward to what’s in store for 2021.
Register for free through Eventbrite
Your participation is essential to vote on brand new bylaws for Arts Council. Participate by attending the AGM or by sending in your Proxy Voting Form.
Link to AGM Zoom Meeting
Why Attend the AGM?
In addition to learning about what Arts Council has been doing for the local arts community, here’s what you can expect and why you should attend:
- Event theme and creative team reveal of the 6th annual Buffys: Arts Awards, as well as an exclusive short promo video by M’Guphynn Media.
- Virtual performance by Indigenous drummers from Fort Chipewyan playing and singing an honour song
- Vote on a Special Resolution to adopt new Bylaws for ACWB:
- View a summary of changes in the proposed new bylaws.
- At least 156 members must be in attendance (or by proxy) to constitute quorum for this vote on new bylaws – scroll down to see why we need to update our bylaws.
- Be sure to fill out and send in your Proxy Voting Form (even if you plan to attend the AGM). This will ensure your vote still counts in case you can’t make it.
- Call for Board Member – Director, Literary Arts:
- We’ll be voting for the Director of Literary Arts.
- Arts Council’s Board of Directors recommends that Kevin Thornton continue on as Director, Literary Arts, but this position is up for election if others wish to run.
- Meet our current Board of Directors.
- Member Q&A session at the close of the meeting – submit your questions in advance to email@example.com.
- Last year’s AGM was Winner of Best Virtual Conference in Best of YMM 2021.
Register for free through Eventbrite
Is Your Membership Up to Date?
All members in good standing (i.e., membership must be active and up to date) will receive a link to the AGM Zoom webinar via a reminder email sent out June 21, 2021, and again on the day of the AGM.
Only active members are eligible to vote. Please be sure your membership is up to date and active. If you’re not sure, contact Akshaya Lakshmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda Package & Documentation
Click the following links to find the 2020 AGM Agenda Package, 2020 Approved Financial Statements and 2020 Annual Report.
New Bylaws – Priority
This year, ACWB will be voting on a new set of bylaws to help streamline the organization and make Arts Council even better. (Yes, it seems hard to believe that Arts Council can get better, but there’s always room for growth). The way the current bylaws are written, it is necessary that at least 156 members be in attendance or vote by proxy for Arts Council to pass the new bylaws. See the proposed new bylaws in the 2020 AGM Agenda Package.
Why does Arts Council need new bylaws?
As Bob Dylan would say, “the times they are a-changin.'” New bylaws will help ACWB adapt to the changing trends in board governance and technology to allow for things like electronic communication and voting. New bylaws will also help the ACWB Board of Directors to more efficiently transact their business while continuing to follow the legislation outlined by the Provincial Government.
Why is this important for you as an ACWB member?
As an ACWB member, it is your right to vote on new bylaws and understand what new bylaws will mean for Arts Council and its membership. You are entitled to attend the AGM and vote, or you can submit a Proxy Voting Form.
View a summary of changes highlighting the difference between the current bylaws and the proposed bylaws.
Proxy Voting Forms
All ACWB Members are encouraged to submit a Proxy Voting Form even if you plan to attend the meeting. The way the current bylaws are written, it is necessary that at least 156 members be in attendance or vote by proxy for Arts Council to pass the new bylaws.
Complete your Proxy Voting Form and return it by June 24 at 12 p.m. (NOON) via email to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there.