Buffys 2022 — Call for Makeup Artist/Face Painter
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards (Buffys) is an annual program that recognizes and celebrates excellence in various areas of the arts throughout our region. The program also builds awareness of the incredible contribution artists make to Wood Buffalo. In the past, Arts Council has commissioned illustrators to create promotional assets for the Buffys. With this year’s showcase being a live event, Arts Council is looking to hire makeup/face painting artists to create “live-action” photographic assets to parallel this change.
Arts Council aims to hire an artist who will create 12 individual looks, painted on model’s faces, to represent 12 award categories for a promotional photoshoot prior to the Buffys event. The completed assets will be used in this year’s programs, posters, on social media, and in video elements at the event. The photoshoot will take place the week of April 24th, 2022, and the amount of time required to complete the project will be determined in collaboration with the artists involved and Arts Council.
ABOUT THE COMMISSION
- ACWB seeks to select one Wood Buffalo artist to create twelve (12) looks, interpreting (either literally or figuratively) each of the following categories:
- Arts Administration
- Arts Education
- Creative Collaboration
- Ken Flaherty Music Award
- Performing Arts
- Indigenous Arts
- Visual Arts
- Fine Craft
- Literary Arts
- Media Arts
- Rising Star
- Hired artist will report to Arts Council Wood Buffalo Programs Coordinator Hanna Fridhed.
- Artist will work with a photographer recruited and compensated by Arts Council to capture each look.
- Artist will be responsible for designing each look and applying makeup/facepaint inspired by this year’s theme: Future Midnight and the 12 award categories.
- Artist must supply their own tools and products.
- The photoshoot takes place the week of April 24th, 2022.
All final submissions must be 100% original, royalty-free and free from risk of being flagged for copyright violations.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
All submissions must be submitted through our online Opportunities Portal. Create an account, login and then click on the purple “Start Entry” button. You may begin drafting your proposal by selecting “Buffys – Award Creation” as your category.
Submissions must be received by 12PM on April 14, 2022. Late submissions will not be considered for hire.
Artist to submit a budget and their fee with their proposal.
All submissions must be submitted through our online Opportunities Portal. Create an account, login and then click on the purple “Start Entry” button. You may begin drafting your proposal by selecting “Buffys Makeup Artist/Face Painter” as your category.
You will be asked to provide
- Past examples of your work
- Renderings/sketches to support your proposal
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
For questions or more information, please contact Programs Coordinator Hanna Fridhed at [email protected].