Supports the development and sustainability of Alberta’s cultural industries, tourism, the arts, recreation and sport, heritage and nonprofit/voluntary sector.
The Alberta Craft Council is the Provincial Arts Service Organization that develops, promotes, and advocates for fine craft in Alberta.
The Alberta Craft Council has a dual role:
- to support contemporary and heritage crafts as significant art forms that contribute to Alberta’s culture
- to develop a craft sector of creative, skilled, viable, and sustainable craftspeople, studios, businesses, and networks
In operation since 1980, the Alberta Craft Council promotes craft in Alberta by:
- operating two gallery and shop locations in Alberta, Edmonton & Calgary
- operating the largest public gallery in the province dedicated to exhibiting craft arts
- organizing 15-20 exhibitions each year
- running two gallery shops that market work from 150+ established and emerging craft artists
- educating and informing the public
- creating publications, marketing ventures, and awareness products to members and the public
- organizing the Advisory Committee that accepts Professional Members and decides what artists to feature in our Gallery Shop
The ADA is a provincial service organization that exists to foster and promote the appreciation and practice of dance in Alberta. The ADA provides education, awareness, and advocacy though programs, events and services.
A part of the Government of Alberta, supports the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of Alberta’s screen-based production industry.
A crown agency of the Government of Alberta, the Alberta Foundation for the Arts’ (AFA) mandate is to support and contribute to the development of the arts in Alberta. The AFA administers grants, promotes the arts, and manages the provincial art collection.
A provincial support organization that serves media artists and organizations through advocacy, development opportunities and connecting media artists and media art organizations across the province. Programs include educational and networking opportunities at their biannual conference & symposiums, publications, awards, sponsorship, and artist commissions.
Provides support to organizations and individuals involved in the Cultural Industries, which include screen-based media production, book and magazine publishing and sound recordings.
The Alberta Music Industry Association is a non-profit, service-based association dedicated to helping professionals in the music industry to succeed in their careers.
The Alberta Society of Artists is a registered charity whose mission is to have an active membership of professional visual artists that will strive for excellence, and shall through exhibition, education and communication, increase public awareness and appreciation of the visual arts in Alberta. The Society facilitates exhibits, speaker engagements and workshops.
Supports a thriving provincial publishing industry through advocacy, professional development, trade development and other programs for members. Members publish books by local, national and international authors and provide significant cultural and economic benefits to this province. They work with writers, printers, artists and other creative people to produce high quality books that are sold in Alberta and throughout the world.
CARFAC Alberta is the provincial branch of CARFAC, advocating and serving Alberta’s Visual artists. CARFAC Alberta promotes the visual arts in Alberta, helping Alberta artists become more professional in their practice. They are a communication hub between members of the visual arts community and the general public.
A non-profit society and registered Canadian charity dedicated to the growth and development of the Alberta theatre community.
Provincial Support Organizations