Creativity and artistic activities are effective strategies for making sense of chaos. Be proud of your artistic nature and use your strengths to help yourself stay healthy. After all, we need one another for support, so physical and mental wellbeing are our best assets.
Have a resource to contribute?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your ideas for this list of resources for the Wood Buffalo arts community.
Note to ACWB Members
Don’t forget to access your membership benefits. The ACWB team is available for one-on-one consultation sessions, if you have questions or want some advice on how to maximize your time working from home. We also welcome your feedback and ideas, so we can continue developing useful and relevant programs for you.
Watch your email for ACWB e-newsletters. We are continuing to share regular updates with our active members through e-newsletters, so don’t miss out on contests, calls for artists, resources, and information that could be useful for you and your artistic practices.
Share your Creative Activities
ACWB members can share with us information about your creative home activities (i.e., performances, tutorials, new works, etc.), and we’ll share with our social media followers. Let us help promote your creativity, so people know you’re out there continuing to be artistic. Send an email to email@example.com, tag us in your social media posts @artscouncilwb or use #ymmarts #ymmartstogether
See what other artists are sharing on social media:
- Instagram: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Facebook: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Twitter: #YMMartstogether #ymmarts
- Many local artists and groups are sharing their talents online. We encourage you to do the same in your own creative way.
- Use the following hashtags to keep connected and raise awareness: #ymmartstogether #ymmarts
- Follow Arts Council Wood Buffalo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. We regularly share resources, event and program information, contests, and more. @artscouncilwb
Local Support for Art Entrepreneurs & Businesses:
- Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce is a community resource for local businesses. Learn about the latest news, resources and events designed to support local business.
- Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism is a local organization that supports entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Startup YMM is a gathering place for thinkers, inventors and doers across the entrepreneurial ecosystem. They want to bring together people from all disciplines, communities, and industries, as well as be a place that other resource providers can activate their programs and events.
Provincial Resources and Networks
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts
- COVID-19 information for AFA stakeholders
- CARFAC Alberta
- COVID-19 Info for Albertans
Federal Resources and Networks
Need to Talk with Someone?
Sometimes the best way to maintain our wellbeing is to talk with someone. Some local resources are listed below:
Creative Wellness & Resources – During COVID-19
With so many unanswered questions and a lot of uncertainty in the world due to the COVID-19 situation, we encourage you to stay creative as a way to anchor yourself in wellness. Please take a look at the following information as some suggestions to help you maintain your wellness through creativity and the arts. Remember there are many resources out there for you to access, including local, provincial and federal supports and networks.