Swamp Rat Experience Job Opportunity: Company Manager￼￼
ABOUT SWAMP RAT EXPERIENCE
Swamp Rat Experience is a registered non-profit theatre society in nistawâyâw / ᓂᐢᑕᐋᐧᔮᐤ / Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo, located within the boundaries of Treaty 8. We believe that theatre is an opportunity for self-expression, exploration, and connection, and we aim to create theatre that invests in artistic development, increased accessibility, and conversation. Our vision is to explore innovative theatre for everyone.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Company Manager oversees and evaluates company operations. They are responsible for overseeing logistical and administrative processes, working closely with the Artistic Director to make sure the company runs smoothly. A multi-tasking problem solver with a focus on human resources and logistics, the company manager’s work is very dynamic.
- Plan and maintain production schedules
- Prepare and control budgets
- Negotiate and write contracts
- Arrange transportation and accommodation for hired artists and volunteers
- Other tasks as needed
- Be a good listener and have patience
- Excellent organisation and management skills
- Have the ability to handle several projects at the same time
- Experience with budgeting and administrative tasks a plus
- Most importantly, be ready to learn and have fun!
This is a volunteer position for approximately 5 hrs/week, but we are actively working towards it being a paid role. Our goal is that it will be a paid position in some manner by late 2023. All SRE management positions are currently volunteer-based.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].
November 30, 2022
If you have any questions or need help applying, please contact Artistic Director Hanna Fridhed at [email protected].