Our community is the Ukrainian-Canadian Diaspora, a community that is 1.5 million strong, making us Canada’s eleventh largest ethnic group and the world’s third-largest Ukrainian population behind Ukraine itself and Russia.
We have seen many Ukrainian-Canadians succeed and influence culture globally and we want to nurture the talent, vision and drive of the next generation of our culture-makers and artists in earlier stages of development.
HERE ARE THE TYPES OF THINGS THAT INTEREST US:
- projects of artists from the Ukrainian-Canadian community or artists whose work has a connection to Ukrainian heritage (i.e., you don’t have to be Ukrainian)
- projects that promote the inclusion of Ukrainian-Canadian cultural heritage and help shape the image of who we are as Canadians at home and outside our borders
- projects that have an aim/plan for presentation outside of the Ukrainian-Canadian community, nationally or internationally
- artists who reach out to established/renowned artists, arts organizations and institutions for mentorship (i.e., those who seek ongoing support from mentors and expand networks with fellow artists)
- projects with a goal of artistic growth and professional development
- new projects (i.e., ones that haven’t been started in advance of the application process)
You can apply for up to $25,000. Our assessment will consider the full amount you’re asking for.
Deadline: February 1, 2021