Patron Services Coordinator
Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre
- Diploma from an accredited institution (i.e. Volunteer Management, Office Administration or Arts Administration).
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service experience including patron interaction, and knowledge of alcohol, beverage and food services
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre, box office and hospitality operations, plus the safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre.
- Experience with staff supervision and training is required.
- Customer service experience with a high degree of communication with the public.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Word Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to work with specialized software. (ticket sales and data management).
- Proven knowledge of the coordination and engagement of volunteers.
- Experience and comfort with money handling, POS systems, policies and procedures.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Basic bookkeeping and accounting experience as well as office management experience.
A combination of education, experience, and training acceptable to the college will also be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Experience in retail and the service industry
- Standard First Aid, ProServe and WHMIS certification
- Experience in event display and banquet settings
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license
Department: Theatre & Arts
Keyano College Theatre & Arts Centre is currently seeking a Patron Services Coordinator. This position is the front line person responsible for all of the “Front of House” and Guest Service activities including, but not limited to, ticketing set up and sales, gate control, merchandise, bar, and any other sales inventory controlled through the Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre.
Reporting to the Director Theatre & Arts Centre, this position provides work direction to staff and supervision duties for volunteers. This position will require an excellent sense of humour and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
Additional duties include:
- Coordination of volunteers and workflow for part-time box office and front of house staffing for coverage of all events located in Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre. This includes scheduling, directing workflow and training as required.
- Database management of patrons, volunteers and theatre staff for the purpose of communication, rewards programs and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) updating and leading to an efficiently operated organization.
- Provides administrative support and reception duties as necessary.
- Related bookkeeping and money handling duties.
This position will be required to work the occasional evening and/or weekend.
Please note: This position is currently under Classification Review.
Advised Salary: CUPE AS6 – $57,489.61 per annum plus a comprehensive health and benefits package.