#IndigenousYouthRise COVID-19 Support Fund
Are you an Indigenous youth aged 13-30? Apply for up to $1000 to lead an online/virtual event or project! The #IndigenousYouthRise COVID-19 support fund is a grant to support Indigenous youth and promote community wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic!
The Support Fund offers up to $1000 for online projects that occur in Canada and are Indigenous Youth-led (ages 13-30). All you need to do is submit a short application for the event/project you want to lead! Projects must take place virtually and can include:
- Art based workshops & gatherings (beading, drumming, painting, weaving, carving, poetry, music, etc.)
- Online concerts, talent shows or performances
- Educational webinars (medicines, mental health, cultural teachings, language, Indigenous youth perspectives, etc.)
- Storytelling, video projects or podcasts
- Care packages
- Online community games, challenges & contests (social media, charades, scavenger hunts, IQ games, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, jigging, powwow, virtual sports, etc.)
- Indigenous youth advocacy (roundtables on specific issues, panel discussions, etc.)
- Skill and knowledge development training or courses (leadership, mental health training, masterclasses, etc.)
- We believe Indigenous youth deserve to stay connected during this time, and we want to support you to do that.
Deadline: January 31, 2021