Barbara Deming Memorial Fund
Small support grants ($500 – $1500) to individual feminist women in the arts who are citizens with primary residence in the US and Canada.
Applications from women artists and writers (cis and transgender) who:
- Exhibit high quality and originality in their work.
- Use feminism as their central interpretive lens.
- Value both personal and political changes that stand against the limitations and controls exerted against women while aiming at optimum freedom and agency for women.
- Validate differences that overlap with gender such as race, ethnicity, and class.
- Express an inclusive vision of social justice while focusing on justice for women.
WE ARE INTERESTED IN
Funding projects which you have begun or are well underway, and for which you have substantial work to show. Please take time to carefully read the guidelines and application form on Submittable.
WE DO NOT AWARD
Film, video, theatre, dance, music, or performance projects. Scripts and musical compositions are also not eligible. We do not award work which is or will be self-published. We do not give loans or provide money for educational assistance, work on dissertations, or research (except research to be used in writing a book). We do not provide funds for the cost of editing services, business projects, or emergency money for people in need. We rarely give money to groups.
Former grantees must wait three years before reapplying.
The application cycle begins January 1 and ends January 31 annually.