Artist Manager Program Funding
This funding supports the development of individual Alberta artist-managers and/or self-managed artists by providing up to $7,500 for one eight-week professional development program per deadline, delivered by Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI) in Toronto or Calgary.
This funding opportunity is a subsection of our Music Individual Project funding opportunity.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2023
Who can apply
To be eligible for individual project funding you must be a resident(s) of Alberta. This means you:
- are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
- have had your primary residence in Alberta for one full year before applying.
- ordinarily live in Alberta for at least six months each year with the exception of attending a formal program of study
Ensembles and collectives are eligible if they are made up of members who meet the individual criteria:
- applicants, including ensembles, must not be incorporated under either provincial or federal legislation
You must be in good standing with the AFA with no open or outstanding projects or reporting requirements to apply.
Applicants can only receive this grant once during their career.
What does this grant support
Through this opportunity, you may apply for project funding to support professional development.
Please note, AFA funding is not assured for any project.
You can receive up to $7,500, to cover expenses related to Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI)’s Artist Manager Program. You may apply for up to 100% of eligible expenses that are directly related to carrying out your professional development.
These expenses may include, but are not limited to:
- registration costs
- round-trip transportation to/from Alberta and Toronto, ON
- round-trip transportation within Alberta to Calgary
- local transportation and accommodation
- food, sundries and per diems
- other expenses and supplies considered by the AFA to be reasonable and necessary
This funding does not include expenses for capital purchases, such as computers/laptops, computer software, etc