2020 Buffy Nominations Now Open!
It’s time to nominate an outstanding, awesome, super-duper talented artist or group of artists for the 2020 Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards (aka – The Buffys).
Did you know you can even self apply for an award yourself?
Individuals and groups can be nominated in 12 categories spanning all sorts of artistic disciplines.
Have you been nominated? Complete your nomination here.
The recognition received by each nominee and award recipient serves to raise their profile, helps build their portfolios, and allows them opportunities to compete and thrive as an artist in our community and beyond.
Also because you think they’re pretty fantastic. Or because, in fact, you’re pretty fantastic.
That’s right. We said prize.
Each award recipient will be presented with a $250 cheque, a certificate, and an award (a “Buffy”) that has been handcrafted by a local artist.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Nominating an artist: July 15 @ midnight (MST)
- Self-applying: July 31 @ midnight (MST)
- Application submission deadline: July 31 @ midnight (MST)
- Shortlisted nominees notified: Sept. 4
- Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards Showcase: October 17
A Night of Celebration – Saturday, October 17
The Buffy Awards will be given out as part of the Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards Showcase on October 17, 2020, which highlights award recipients and shortlisted nominees, as well as all sorts of local art and performances by local artists.
This year’s celebrations will be released exclusively for online viewing.
Be sure to nominate. It will be a night to remember as we recognize excellence in various arts disciplines and the incredible contributions these amazing artists make to our communities throughout the Wood Buffalo region.
How to Nominate
- Fill out an online nomination form: click here
- ACWB will contact the nominee to complete their nomination
- Register on our online portal: click here
- Complete your application (you may save and return to it as you go)
- Submit your application by July 31 at midnight (MST)
- Your completed application and all required support materials must be submitted online on or before July 31 at midnight (MST).
- Arts Council Wood Buffalo will not accept applications after the submission deadline, incomplete submissions, or those not submitted through our online portal.