UPDATE August 1: 2020 Buffy nominations and self applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who nominated, self-applied and submitted nomination material.
Learn more about the next steps in the process, and stay up to date on the countdown to the 2020 Buffy Awards.
Please note that Arts Council Wood Buffalo is not able to accept applications or incomplete submissions after July 31, 2020. Incomplete submissions and entries listed as still being “in progress” on our online portal cannot be considered for an award.
Individuals and groups can self-apply for an award in 12 categories spanning all sorts of artistic disciplines.
Nominate an artist or group (closed on July 15) or self-apply for an award (closed on July 31).
Have you been nominated? Complete your nomination here (closed on July 31).
The recognition received by each nominee and award recipient serves to raise their profile, helps build their portfolios, and allows them opportunities to compete and thrive as an artist in our community and beyond.
Also because you think they’re pretty fantastic. Or because, in fact, you’re pretty fantastic.
That’s right. We said prize.
Each award recipient will be presented with a $250 cheque, a certificate, and an award (a “Buffy”) that has been handcrafted by a local artist.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Nominating an artist: closed on July 15 @ midnight (MST)
- Self-applying: July 31 @ midnight (MST)
- Application submission deadline: July 31 @ midnight (MST)
- Shortlisted nominees notified: Sept. 4
- Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards Showcase: October 17
A Night of Celebration – Saturday, October 17
The Buffy Awards will be given out as part of the Wood Buffalo Excellence in Arts Awards Showcase on October 17, 2020, which highlights award recipients and shortlisted nominees, as well as all sorts of local art and performances by local artists.
This year’s celebrations will be released exclusively for online viewing.
Be sure to nominate. It will be a night to remember as we recognize excellence in various arts disciplines and the incredible contributions these amazing artists make to our communities throughout the Wood Buffalo region.
How to Nominate
If nominating an artist or group (closed on July 15):
- Fill out an online nomination form: click here (closed on July 15)
- ACWB will contact the nominee to complete their nomination
If self-applying or completing a nomination:
- Register on our online portal: click here (closed on July 31).
- Complete your application (you may save and return to it as you go)
- Submit your nomination materials by July 31 at midnight (MST)
- Your completed application and all required support materials must be submitted online on or before July 31 at midnight (MST).
- Arts Council Wood Buffalo will not accept applications after the submission deadline, incomplete submissions, or those not submitted through our online portal.